Corporate & Office History
* The CENTURY 21 system was founded in 1971 in Southern California. The founding principle was simple: to enable small independent brokers to operate under a common identity, sharing in the resources of collective advertising, training and marketing. This concept enabled brokers to remain responsive to the needs of their local marketplace while favorably positioning themselves against the competition. And it worked!
* The CENTURY 21 network grew rapidly in the ’70s and ’80s, quickly becoming the largest real estate sales organization in the world. Sales topped the $70 billion mark. Independent polls now show the CENTURY 21 name to be the best recognized name in real estate
* Catherine Sevenau and Linda De Martini purchased a Century 21 franchise and became CENTURY 21 Wine Country in 1996. Working together in the real estate business since the early 1980s. They’ve successfully navigated through three major market swings, remaining today as the longest established locally owned and operated company in Sonoma Valley.
* Through its 2008 partnership with CENTURY 21 NorthBay Alliance, CENTURY 21 Wine Country became part of the largest Sonoma County owned real estate company north of the Golden Gate. C21 NorthBay Alliance has nine offices in Sonoma, Marin and Lake Counties and over 200 talented sales associates to serve your real estate needs.
* CENTURY 21 is the most recognized name in Real Estate with over 8000 offices located in 80 countries across the globe. Easter Seals is at the heart of the company’s charitable work having raised nearly $102 million in support, helping thousands of children and adults with disabilities live with greater independence.
* CENTURY 21 Corporate advertised in the 2012 and 2013 Super Bowl games, the company featured on prime time TV with upbeat, bold, positive commercials putting Century 21 agents front and center. We are “Smarter, Bolder and Faster”!
* CENTURY 21 Corporate prime time advertised not only the Super Bowl, but also in the Summer Olympics